AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got booted from the CSP program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/26/2015 22:29 (#4989288 - in reply to #4989191)
Subject: RE: Got booted from the CSP program

southern MN
I recall hearing of it the first time at a pesticide re certification, they mentioned it briefly as something new, maybe was what 12-16 years ago?

At that time it was going to be set up in a watershed at a time, and maybe only 3 in the state would be allowed to join, if you lived in those watersheds it could be money in your pocket, if you weren't a lottery winner of living there then you got to look on.

Seemed there were 3 levels of complying, the first didnt pay you very much at all, and the third level you couldn't qualify at all if you had livestock the rules were just beyond anything possible.

They pay you to be green, is the short answer of what it is. All kinds of weird stuff, if you can make a plan to be more green to the environment. They put all your ideas into a hopper, and turn a computer on, and it spits out some sort of value of how green your ideas are, and you get a payment based on how green the computer thinks you will become compared to what you were. As is typical, if you were a real ugly slob then it seemed easy to collect some money from them. If you were already county farmer of the year, then no matter what else you did you weren't improving so you got nothing.....

To me it sounds like a real govt mess, I wasn't interested after hearing that presentation. Just a mess.

Then the program was revised before it ever got beyond those first few watersheds.

Over the years it got changed and revised, I had heard once it was open to more people. I thought it was ended, or at least defended, a while ago already? I'm surprised to hear there is anything left of it.

Always sounded like a nightmare around here. The govt people locally never bring it up any more, not since that pesticide meeting long long ago.

I really thought it had ended a few years ago already.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)