AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planter N
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bagro
Posted 12/17/2015 15:53 (#4967129 - in reply to #4953444)
Subject: RE: planter N

Nebraska
I have had access to multiple years of data from several farmers with my job, on customer in particular has had a lot of success putting N on with his planter. He puts 4 gallons of high ortho in furrow then on a 2x2 i had him putting down 15 gallons of 32 thio then sidedressing the rest around V8 with dry stabilized ures, this was his first year doing this program. As apposed to his old applications on 30 gallons with the pre, 4 gallons infurrow high ortho and sidedressing with a buggy at v4. Not a big farmer but he has a complete rotation of corn and soybean on approximately 1000 acres all dryland no till in rolling hills. 2013 and 2014 avg corn was at 184bu/acre, 2015 with new setup and approximately $37 in N savings avg was 226. I could blame this on the year or on the hybrids but i plant alot of strip trial plots in the area on the sway between the plots avg as a whole between those years and 15 was 11 bushels. so i think it is safe to say his new practice brought him 30 bushel. take it how you want
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)