AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How were we able to do anything before cumputers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 7/9/2015 15:33 (#4670291 - in reply to #4670025)
Subject: RE: How were we able to do anything before cumputers

NW Iowa
If I could purchase a combine with the productivity of my Class 9 Lexion WITHOUT all the electronics, believe me I would. I would, however, purchase the air conditioning option. I was cussing technology this spring when I spent a ton of $ on a more appropriate tractor for putting in-furrow and 2x2 fert on with a large planter, and I was down 2 days with what turned out to be the ECM.

And for the record, us young bucks walked an awful lot of beans back when we were young bucks. We probably did complain about it. But I never met anyone who really enjoyed it.

The crux of the discussion isn't really "lazy technology users" vs. the older generation. Its really about how can a shrinking rural population produce enough product to fill the supply chain? Without question, if we all had 4020's and 4 row planters, corn production would reduce to slightly above what it was when that equipment was used. Our ability to produce will always be capped by our physical productivity capabilities. Weather, agronomy, bio-technology, etc will never exceed that. The increasing world demand for our products combined with decreasing number of chaps to get the work done all but requires technology to be a new ingredient in the formula.

Edited by maxflex540 7/9/2015 15:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)