AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

02 Silverado with allison tran problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Burgess159
Posted 3/5/2015 18:42 (#4433902 - in reply to #4433871)
Subject: RE: 02 Silverado with allison tran problem

Troy, Missouri
The only other thing would be if they didn't put enough fluid back in? You said it was leaking so it was low to begin with. So draining it may have took what was in the pan, but what about the rest of the system? I do know that the Allison holds like....I think its between 4-5 gallons of fluid, not sure on the exact number. When I changed mine, it had been leaking too. There at the spin on filter and at the gasket around the pan as it was missing a pan bolt and another bolt was loose.

I changed mine, drove it around, got it all hot and circulated, then drained it again and refilled it. Sounds over the top maybe, but I wanted to make sure it was done right and that the fluid was most all synthetic oil now, rather than conventional. I drove it around again, got it hot and checked it, was a little low, so added more. The reason I even decided to change mine in the first place was because it was shifting a little rough and when I checked it, the fluid was low. After doing the change and replacing filters, it shifts great.

Edited by Burgess159 3/5/2015 18:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)