AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Cruizer Tech
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 8/29/2014 08:03 (#4044638 - in reply to #4044443)
Subject: RE: Raven Cruizer Tech

Coles County, Illinois
Just guessing here but I'd think side to side levelness would be very important. There's not a lot of published information on exactly how the accelerometer and gyro's work in these but you got to assume that the whole reason for a calibration is to compensate for different installations and component tolerance issues. The manufactures have to realize that cab floors are not all level but when you calibrate the system you're telling the electronics that this is what my installation is. The further away from level, north and south you are the more error you're introducing. Is it too much? I can't answer that.

I got thinking about an issue I had with a gyro-compenstated system in an industrial application where we could get a good calibration and after awhile the system would drift. Replacing components wouldn't fix the problem. Eventually we found out that the gyro was mounted in a spot that would heat up (30 degrees) after the system ran awhile. We added a heat sink to the mounting surface and the problem went away. Not saying that's your problem but just another possiblility.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)