AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone collect old balers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 7/30/2014 18:08 (#3993634 - in reply to #3993546)
Subject: Plus One on Wisconsin baler engines

NW Illinois Stephenson county
I still have a JD116W baler that I used a few years. One time The kid I had helping me brought a friend one time and the wisconsin would not start. I cranked and cranked and finally got it going. That night he ran across me at a bowling alley and he said he couldn't believe how much I could crank it. He was a little plowed and I couldn't believe he could still stand. I put new points and capacitor in and that helped alot!
Dad had all kind of stories doing custom baling in the late 40's and 50's. That baler could bury guys when loading on a wagon. and you never baled very wet hay because you could not lift them. He had a heart attack when I was 6 years years old he had a hard time getting help the next year or two. So he shortened the length of the bales ( it only made big and not so quite as big) and offered my older brother and I a cent a bale each to help. The first year or two I could only roll the bales in the hay mow out of the way between 8 bales at a time hay forks full. Then Dad would finish mowing my hay mow after each load. He died when I was 15 years old and looking back those were fun times even with all the work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)