AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra 5.2 -2014 Planting Gremlins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2014 07:10 (#3833329 - in reply to #3832710)
Subject: RE: Integra 5.2 -2014 Planting Gremlins

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
BLTFARMS - 4/23/2014 19:34

Just updated mine too, at first advanced seed monitoring wasn't showing up. When I went back in and made sure it was setup for corn and it came back. Make sure your seed variety is setup as corn, if it is, then it has to be a software problem.

After the above post yesterday I went out and tried various combinations with my setup. Again this was in the shed as it is too wet and cold to plant for real.

I have two planting configurations. One I call "Plant Corn", the other I call "Plant Beans". There are a couple of reasons that I have two configurations.

1) Since I'm using SureVacs, the hitch adjustment factor is different for corn and soybeans. By having two different configurations, I won't need to go in and change the offsets when switching crops

2) With corn, I'm using two varieties, starter fertilizer and spray. With Beans I'm using two varieties and spray.

I realize that one configuration would be possible and just change the hitch length and leave the starter unchecked.

Anyway I picked the Plant Corn configuration and chose two Corn varieties. The advanced seed tube monitoring features were available as expected. I then chose a variety that was created as soybean seed. The advanced features were not available. My own label of Plant Corn was not the deciding factor, it was the fact that I chose a variety that was created as soybean seed. I even got bold and tried a soybean variety for the left and a corn variety for the right. The system would not allow this which is good.

Next I picked the Plant Beans configuration and chose two corn varieties. As expected the advanced features were available. Picking a soybean variety caused the advanced features to be unavailable.

When a new seed product is created, the seed type defaults to soybeans so one needs to be careful and change this if necessary. The products can be reviewed under the Product tab. In my case I don't have much problem as I use DeKalb corn and Asgrow Beans. I include DK and As as part of the variety name.

Possibly the loss of painting was due to utilizing the Region feature. I agree that it shouldn't but possibly some bug has crept in with that combination of events. I have used the Region feature like that in the past with my Insight with good results.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2014 07:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)