AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra 5.2 -2014 Planting Gremlins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2014 13:32 (#3832128 - in reply to #3832111)
Subject: RE: Integra 5.2 -2014 Planting Gremlins

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've used an Insight in the past with Tru-count air row shutoffs. This year the planter is different, the tractor is different and the display is an Integra. The shutoffs are SureVacs. I have always left Autoswath inactive until I get the ends and any unusual areas planted. I activate it when I'm in the "meat" of the field.

The current planter will be using the Clutch Control module for section control and the Seed Tube Monitoring Module for population. A liquid module will be used with spray and an App Rate module will be used for starter fertilizer. The planter is ground drive for the seed, so no hyd module.

I'm concerned about your "loss"of painted areas when you come back the next day. Are you picking the most recent "event" or allowing it to create a new one? From my testing in the shop, no GPS or actual planting, things look OK.

I think you are also saying that you are losing the Advanced Seed Tube monitoring features while planting corn. I'm wondering if somehow the system feels that you are planting another crop such as soybeans which would not have the advanced features. Is the corn variety possibly listed as a soybean variety?

I appreciate the post as I will be getting going eventually when the weather turns and want to have the bases covered if possible.

Edited by tedbear 4/23/2014 13:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)