AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bspf
Posted 11/5/2012 07:16 (#2679175 - in reply to #2678209)
Subject: Re: Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out

N.E. Iowa
Whenever I hear young guys whining on here I just remember what an old neighbor farmer told me when I was starting out. By the way I started with nothing, went and bought a full line of old machinery,full dairy herd,a sow herd and a half years worth of feed and a farm. That was forty years ago and glad I did it. Oh by the way it's all paid for, and we put three kids through college. Easy NO.

What my neighbor told me was this. If you want to get rich, drive new cars, go on vacations all they time get a job in town.

If you want to be your own boss, set your own hours, like working out side and get to see something that you've accomplished that's yours then become a farmer.
There's nothing better that you can do in the world.
Too many young kids starting out thinking that they have to have everything that their classmates have in town and it doesn't work that way.
He goes on to say. I didn't get rich farming but I made enough to put a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, food on the table and if you have enough left at the end of the month maybe a beer and some smokes. I'm not rich but I'm my own boss and I wouldn't change a thing.
If you don't enjoy what your doing you will be miserable your whole life.
Just look at the people leaving from their factory jobs. They can't wait to leave. Me I can't wait to get outside on see what's going to happen today.

Edited by bspf 11/5/2012 08:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)