AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible Motorola plans to ditch Android
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 3/24/2011 22:07 (#1688294 - in reply to #1688179)
Subject: Re: Possible Motorola plans to ditch Android

MOjeeper -  Android never had a chance with you, you were a apple fanboy before you got your droid.

There is limited truth to that. I've said it before - if I had never used or owned the iPod Touch prior to getting the Droid, I probably would have been happy with it despite the crappy apps, OS bugs, and general poor design of the phone itself. And that is also where I feel most Android users are at. The number of switchers from Android to iOS that regret the move is next to nil. Those who are "happy" with Android are happy because they don't know what a really good user experience is like in my opinion. You probably aren't gonna like to hear that, but it's true. I was "happy" with Windows before switching to Mac too - but only after making the switch did I realize what a miserable experience running Windows really was.

Having said that - believe it or not, I AM fair. I was willing to give the Droid a sporting chance with an open mind - and I did. I was rather excited to get that phone. I went into that phone after having a few dumb phones over the years and was excited at the prospects of being able to check weather radar on a large, full color screen, check markets, look stuff up on the net, take pics, etc - all the things smartphones can do. The Droid did all I expected it to. Once set up, it synced perfectly and reliably with my Mac OS calendar, address book, email, etc. The problem was, despite doing everything I expected, I slowly came to realize that it did this with bugs in the OS, frequent crashes, considerable lag in the OS, and I found the app selection in the market to be 2nd rate compared to iOS apps. The Droid was fully "good enough", but since I already knew what "great" was, it just couldn't compete. I knew of three other Droid owners who felt the same say. I also know of a guy with an HTC that is becoming disenchanted with his phone the longer he owns it too. He is rabidly anti-Apple so he will likely never change, but he does admit that Android is not all it is cracked up to be. 

So yes, I am an Apple fanboy. I admit it. But I became an Apple fanboy after having compared it to Windows and Android and making an informed decision based on actual experience - plain and simple. The day may very well come that Apple gets lazy and starts letting things slide. I don't foresee that happening as long as Steve Jobs has a breath left in him - which the day may come sooner rather than later with his health problems. But you can rest assured, if that day comes and Apple is passed up by some other company that is innovating and providing really good products that beat Apple's, I will not be on here defending Apple against them. I made that mistake with Windows - you would have been hard pressed to find a more staunch Windows guy than I was at one point. I learned my lesson there - and now try to watch for anything on the market that might be better than what I am using and will be much quicker to make the switch in the future. There is a very good reason that I am an Apple fanboy, but it most certainly is not because of blind allegiance. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)