AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie 2100 wheel motor leak update and questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 3/25/2024 22:18 (#10680526 - in reply to #10680135)
Subject: RE: Hagie 2100 wheel motor leak update and questions

Alton, Ia

Oakwood - 3/25/2024 17:32

I definitely wished I had pressure washed it extensively prior to disassembly.

Everything below area where motor bolts up is wet but not washed clean however the leak wasn’t fast yet. Regarding the o ring marked in 2nd pic. Seal kit has an o ring but not big enough to fit over flange (marked yellow In 2nd pic) unless I stretch it a fair bit. Can’t see that being correct and part of reason I am not sure my kit is correct. Wouldn’t that part be part of the kit?

If that o ring is shot and seal is leaking I guess that is the path the hyd oil is getting out but isn’t the entire area where the hyd motor couples up to the planetary hub sitting in gear oil? That part of this is what isn’t making sense to me but maybe I am missing something. If seal leaks hyd oil it has to mix with gear oil and fill planetary or mix with gear oil and leak out. But the gear oil in planetary doesn’t appear to be contaminated. And oil that was leaking was definitely not gear oil. None of that distinctive smell at all while viscosity and scent of planetary oil is definitely gear oil.

Thanks for replying. I sure miss when Hagie wasn’t Deere. I had amazing service back then when their techs would happily walk you through these kind of jobs over the phone.

Amen to that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)