AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Central air ideas for a house with no duct work.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CaseIH7240
Posted 10/31/2018 18:46 (#7076389)
Subject: Central air ideas for a house with no duct work.

Ohio
Planning on adding central air to our house for next summer. Our house is fairly long and skinny. Something like 30’x60’ plus another room added to the side. So more like 72’. We have electric heat now. So no duct work. I love the electric heat. Only cost me like $1,000 to heat my house last year and the heat is nice and I like that there no draft with forced air. Is there anyway to do central air duct work in the ceiling? I really don’t like the idea of cutting a hole in all the rooms floors because I just put in hardwood throughout most of the house. We also have like 10 different rooms/spaces in our house. In the attic and coming down into the ceiling seems like a better option. Also there is no basement. Only a crawl space. It’s a nice one though. I have heard a lot of talk about minisplit systems but have been in a house where it seemed loud and then the room where it was at it was freezing cold to get the rest of the house cool. What’s day all you. I obviously am in the planning stages. Need to talk to a hvac person but haven’t gotten around to it. Thanks for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)