AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

aggravating decision... new computer... PC or Mac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 1/7/2017 10:05 (#5750878)
Subject: aggravating decision... new computer... PC or Mac

Frytown, Iowa

wasn't too long ago that my wife wanted a new computer... I had asked about it on here... we ended up getting a best seller off amazon... Acer Aspire E 15 with windows 10... it so far has been a good computer for what she uses it for... and a good price under $600...

well the MacBook pro finally quit all together and the tech guy backed up all our files (photos, tax spread sheets, cash flows, ect...) but now I have to decide if I want to just use my wifes computer or get my own... If I get my own... do I get a mac or a PC...

I about throw up when looking at what a Mac costs... I also realize that I don't use a computer for gaming or any high performance stuff... basically agtalk, charts, numbers/excel spreadsheets... youtube... a simple computer would get me far... but I also want one that will last 5 years... what will I need to still run a good computer in 2021?

one thing that leans me to mac is all my previous files are formatted to mac... and I don't have to subscribe or buy office 365... what is up with that? frikken crooks!

do you guys use laptops or desk tops for your farm? what do you feel is a bigger rip off? the high price of Mac? or the crooks that charge for Office 365? honestly I'm not going to pay $90 for a program I use once a year... grrrr..

thoughts?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)