AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Ideal Picker Shellers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 6/21/2008 08:57 (#401846)
Subject: New Ideal Picker Shellers?

How many New Ideal picker shellers were made and sold? Were they very popular or were they outdate by combines? I been raising ear corn mainly for feed, but with higher corn prices I been thinking about selling this year crop, ( first I have to make this year crop, I need some rain Middle Tennessee area not much rain in last few weeks). I not counting my money yet, but it does get you to thinking about a plan B. I been using a New Ideal 309 snapper picker for harvesting my corn crop. I got around twenty acres so I not large producer like some of you corn growers. Speaking of we getting some showers this morning. So my question is do I sell the corn on the cob, using the equipment I already have, or try to find a picker sheller and sell the crop as shell corn? Another question how hard would it to find one and how far would I have to go from my area (Mid TN) to get one? It raining this morning and to wet now to be in the hay field, so I just thinking to get some input on neither pick it on the ear or try to shell it. Also another option I been thinking about is getting somebody that already has the equipment to shell it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)