AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Priming Fuel System 12.7L Detroit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerjon52
Posted 3/5/2015 12:44 (#4433228)
Subject: Priming Fuel System 12.7L Detroit

I have a 1998 KW T800 that has a 12.7 liter Detroit. Noticed the other day it was stuttering/fluttering when a load was applied and it was being worked hauling corn. Idled fine. Since I am so punctual at changing fuel filters and emptying the water separator (well actually not) I thought I would start there. While it was still idling I decided to open the petcock on the bottom of the water separator. I am sure this was not the most intelligent thing to do. Motor stopped, which was no surprise to me. So, do I have a good slug of air in my fuel line or water? I changed and prefilled my filters. There is no noticeable hand primer pump in the fuel system. I have tried turning the engine over for about 20 seconds and then waiting a while to let the starter cool down before trying again. Do I have to loosen the fitting before the checkvalve on the fuel return line to bleed out the air or will the fuel eventually displace the air if it is indeed air the lines? Also, how do you get a wrench on that fitting to turn it? I am sure a high of 15* does not help either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)