AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm toys need to be sold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

coyote54
Posted 3/5/2015 08:40 (#4432597)
Subject: Farm toys need to be sold

Eastern Washington State

My dear friend/neighbor, died this winter in the prime of his life (54).  He has a collection of literally thousands of farm toys that his widow needs to sell as she is running out of money. I'm not very knowledgable on the farm toys, but if I had the money, believe me I would be buying this collection because it is very nice.

My question is how do you go about selling such a huge collection.  It includes all scales, all ages/makes/models, and recently he started collecting the construction models too.  He has 2) 6' long glass jewelry store cases that house all of the 1/64th stuff. The larger scales are all on shelves surrounding his office.  Many of the very detailed tractors are in their own glass cases on the shelves.  I know he told me that several of the toys were very limited runs too, in fact one of the combines he said was only offered to Gleaner mechanics and you had to win a lottery to get it.  I hate to see her sell them, but I know she needs the money plus doesn't know what she would do with them once she moved them out of his office. 

He was an Allis Chalmers/Gleaner mechanic for many years until he started farming with his brother-in-law, so probably 25% of the collection is AC tractors and Gleaner combines.  Sorry for the novel, I just want to help her get the best return without just "yard saleing" them on a Saturday morning.  Maybe an online auction?  Is there someone trustworthy out there that could help her?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)