AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Internet service over cellular
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 2/20/2015 13:40 (#4400865)
Subject: Internet service over cellular

NNW Nebraska
Frustrated with huges net.

now have 4g cell service with vaerio & us cellular in the area. Neither at our house, but both towers are line of site of a hill which is line of site of both houses, and less than 1/2 mile away from houses.

vaerio has a rate for 200 gig @ both 4&8 for less than huges net. Don't know what is avaiable if we needed over 200. Don't know what speed i would need, huges net in middle of night runs over 10, with over a 1000 delay.but in evening it will not even run a speed test. In evenings huges net is mostly unusable .

i have some nanostation m2 units i had bought to try to send internet to the second house. At this point, have not used them.

if i went to cellular provider and nanostations would i be happy? Would have to use solar panels at the hill top. Wonder if anyone knows is there is a 12 volt supply for the nanostations. Or would i have to run a inverter.

any comments on how this would work out.

I have us cellular phones, however it looks like vaeiro may have better data plans. My cell phone does internet much faster off the cell towers.

any Supprises i might nor expect with using all internet off cellular?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)