AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Internet service over cellular
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 2/20/2015 17:57 (#4401284 - in reply to #4401217)
Subject: RE: Internet service over cellular

Wi

ihmanky - 2/20/2015 17:17
idea1947 - 2/20/2015 15:59

That 800ms latency looks nasty

Welcome to Sat internet. My Hughes runs every bit of 800+ all the time. Most of the time can't get over 3 meg down, if that. YouTube in standard has to buffer most of the time. We go over out data cap nearly every month, which they don't charge you but "throttle" your speed. Lately, normal speed has been so slow it's a neck and neck race anyway so I just tell the kids to go for it, I use to try to restrict it to try and meet the cap but doesn't seem much slower after we're over it. We can't do netflix or amazon prime, even if it would play it 3 movies a month would put us over if we did NOTHING else with it. Local wireless hotspot plans are down in the 25 GB range a month as well, no way to do anything much and stay under that.

I don't like Hughes, but do have Gen 4 from them at the farm as its really all we can get. They do offer a 50GB plan if you want/need. It advertises faster speeds too but I do not know if it actually is faster. Thinking of switching ours to this as its the next step from the plan we have which isn't quite enough.  If you schedule downloads for 2am-8am it doesn't count towards your regular data usage. You can all buy and use tokens to limp you along until you get to the reset.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)