AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rebuiding disk-ripper disk gang
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/6/2013 05:49 (#3495112)
Subject: Rebuiding disk-ripper disk gang

Chebanse, IL.....

So, when you rebuild a disk gang on a disk ripper, or even a tandem disk, do you go ahead & replace the axle (aka "bolt")? Seems like it might be an OK idea since besides the spacer spools, it may be the only item remaining after the rebuild & in the big $$ scheme, not a major part of the cost. They do break/bend occasionally also. This is assuming you're replacing the coulter blades, scrapers, bearings, bearing flanges & gaskets, & gang support bolts (they fatigue snap also). So, you've replaced everything except the spools & maybe the bumpers or fastener hardward.

If you consider this a normal rebuild, why don't the mfg offer "pre-assembled" complete assemblies thru hold-goods or parts? Kind of like buying a corn head gearbox complete, or buying all the parts & rebuilding. I assume the mfg have the pre-assembled items at their disposal, assuming it's not long out-dated. Sure, you wouldn't expect to get it on overnight service, but one normally plans these things weeks or months in advance. We've always known that if one bought all the parts of any major tool in pieces vs the completely assembled item, it could cost many -many times X the assembled item. I'd think one could buy these pre-assembled gangs at the same or lesser price than buying a truck load of parts.

Or, am I wrong, do any mfg offer these disk gangs pre-assembled thru parts?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)