AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

used equipment question....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oakridge
Posted 5/2/2013 12:57 (#3075770)
Subject: used equipment question....

West Central Wisconsin
Dad bought a NH TS100A tractor in late december last year with 3200 hrs. I went down to look at it before he bought it. It had a few issues and I was told that they would be fixed. Tractor came in January and problems seemed to be fixed so we put it in the shed. Late march we got it out to get ready to haul manure. The clutch will not disengage. Turns out the break master was leaking and there was no fluid to activate the clutch. No big deal. Finally get that fixed and found that none of the lights work and the fuel gauge does not work. Ok... I will fix it later... Haul one load of manure and finally got the engine oil up to temp. engine oil is pouring out of the weep hole on the bell housing. Call the dealer and they told us they would come get it and fix it and they would send another tractor to replace it while it was gone. Great.... then they call and say that we would have to pay part of the trucking and the replacement tractor would cost us $40 per hour to use. Dad agrees to pay the trucking and told them to forget the spare tractor. 2 weeks go by and we get the tractor back. Fuel gauge still does not work. Ok... well.. we can deal with it. Dad hauled manure with it for a week. (29 hrs total) Calls and says that there is fuel leaking on the engine. I start investigating and found an injector line is leaking. Also notice that the boot between the air cleaning and the turbo looks funny. I realize that I can stick my thumb inside the end of the tube. Apparently the wrong boot got put on and when they went to clamp it on, it buckled the hole was left. After some investigating, there is mud inside the pipes to and from the inner cooler. So dad calls the dealer and the owner told us that he was sorry and to make it right, he would sell us a different tractor. Oh by the way it will cost 35 grand more. Dad does not know what to do. But they offered him 2000 cash if he keeps the tractor and we part ways. What say you about this?????

Edited by oakridge 5/2/2013 20:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)