AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

used equipment question....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jason_WI
Posted 5/2/2013 17:16 (#3076127 - in reply to #3075770)
Subject: Re: Dealer rant and a question....

NE WI
Injector lines can break if they are not properly dampened with rubber clamps. Most tractors have these installed to couple more than one injector line together with a rubber clamp.

The dealer would not have to do anything as it is used and sold as is unless terms were agreed upon at the sale. Most dealers would tell you to pound sand. I went over the NH 8970 we bought in December with a fine tooth comb on the dealers lot and made a list of things to fix. I still missed the bad hood gas shocks and the rear window latch was cracked. The had to fix the 3 point, stuck flow control knobs, numerous switches, lights, radio, speaker, and missing knobs. All small stuff but it adds up. I had them perform a hydraulic flow test and check the front axle oils. I was there to make sure there wasn't anything metal stuck to the magnetic oil plugs.

Fuel gauge not working could be a bad sending unit. Take the $2k and buy the parts to fix it. There are problems with new tractors also. Only difference is warranty.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)