AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Weedbender Farms
Posted 1/9/2021 06:06 (#8735670)
Subject: JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices

Due to a change in farming practices and sizes, we're looking to move into a self propelled spray, something along the lines of a JD4630 due to manufacturer support. For those of you running this sprayer, I have a list of questions for you;

1) Can you tell me what the pros and cons are for this unit, and what to look for in regard to wear items for a unit that might have anywhere from 1500-2000 hours on it?

2) Preliminarily, the units we've looked at have been a mix of either foam markers, or GPS control, and since this could be our first foray into the JD GPS world, what would you recommend for a controller, and receiver, along with activations? Most of the units we've looked at so far have the 2600 screen, a few had the 2630.

3) How advantageous would it be to have the chemical inductor mounted on the unit? Myself, I can see pros and cons for each possibility. Currently we batch mix all of our sprayer loads by dumping into the tank at the farm site.

4) How big of a floater tire can you put under this machine (we want to use it for burn down in the spring, in season herbicide and fertilizer, and fall burndown)?

Thank you,
Dennis
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)