AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Toddler Trespassing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BitsTD
Posted 6/1/2018 11:14 (#6789554)
Subject: Toddler Trespassing

Need some advice.

I have a fenced in back yard that contains my 95 lb black lab. He is not a mean dog, just rambunctious and large.

I also have a neighbor with a toddler who is an escape artist. He can get out of the house on his own and now he can unlatch the gate to my backyard. Other neighbor girl saw him going into my backyard yesterday and ran over and got him out. As she got to him, his mom is coming out of the house saying "sorry, sorry". Asked neighbor girl what was going on when she got back there and she said dog was just licking boy (probably had food on his face). Nothing from the mom last night, no explanation or apology. Only reason I know about it is because rescue girl told my daughter about it when they were having a picnic.

I have a cordial, albeit, cool relationship with this family due to some actions of their other children.

My family thinks I need to put a lock on my gate and I stubbornly & angrily responded "NO!". Not my responsibility and toddler can climb the fence anyway. Seen him do it while I was out planting my garden.

I am having second thoughts. He is not a bad little boy, just bored. I figure a little while of inconvenience to me by having to unlock the gate is better than a lifetime of regret should something happen to the boy or if my dog gets out.

What would AgTalk do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)