AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

worst steaks ever
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 9/5/2015 11:00 (#4772031)
Subject: worst steaks ever

East central Iowa

Fareway had a sale on T-bone steaks.  $5.99 a pound.   I bought 4 of them for dinner with friends.  My grill normally goes to 600 degrees and then I clean it off.  Then a few minutes later I throw on the steaks and let them set for about 2 minutes and flip them over.

I did the first part and then walked a few feet away and about a minute later the guy with me said it's full of flames.  I didn't worry too much until I looked.  I've never had it do that but then I've never had T-bones before on it.  Only charcoal or sirloins have been on the grill.  

I saw the temp was 800 when I opened the grill and whoosh out burst a flame that singed my arm and face.  The steaks were black.  I never had enough time to put them up on the top rack and turn the heat down.  

I've no idea what happened.  There are two thoughts.  First maybe the fat on the T-bones melted and caught fire, something leaner meat has never done.  Or, this time I opened the gas tank a lot more than I normally do and I had a lot hotter burners.  Either way, the steaks were ruined.  $34 down the drain and a crummy supper for friends. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)