AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food grade Non-GMO soybeans inquiry/ contract problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cockelbur
Posted 7/8/2015 22:20 (#4669146)
Subject: Food grade Non-GMO soybeans inquiry/ contract problems

I grew some food grade Non-GMO soybeans last year for a company in Minnesota. They are refusing to honor my grower contract because they say my soybeans did not meet their standards. I stand to loose the $2.50 premium that was spelled out in the contract. They have refused to negotiate in good faith, and I suspect that they over-contracted last year and ended up with a glut of beans and are now trying to wiggle out of the contract. Negotations have drug on since February with them being evasive, non-forthcoming, and less than honest. I would like to name the company involved, but am hesitant, because I don't want the Moderator to delete my post. I have made some inquiries in my area of other grain companies and they have hinted that this particular company has left quite a few other growers "holding the bag" . I am in the cental Illinois area between Decatur and Effingham. I have been told that there are quite a few growers to the south of me that have been short-changed by this company also. I have already talked to an attorney and had him reveue my contract. He told me that I had a legitimate cause of action against this company, but that it would be prohibitively expensive unless I could find other growers to join in a class-action lawsuit, or a large group of growers to join in an arbitration suit. I am looking for other farmers out there who have been victimized also, so if this sounds familiar to some of you other contract growers out there, please give me a call and listen to my story and then tell me yours. There is no obligation on your part to join in any legal action at this time. I just want to gauge the feeling out there of other farmers who have been ripped-off just like me. I have already made contact with a few farmers to the north of me, and am hoping to contact quite a few more. Please call me at 217-254-3659 (cell). My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you for listening.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)