AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on corn looks like crap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TiminIN
Posted 7/5/2015 14:55 (#4662632)
Subject: Corn on corn looks like crap

North Central Indiana
I have one field that I no-tilled corn on corn to even out our rotation this year. It looks pretty bad. The field planted before it and the one after, both no tilled on soy stubble look pretty good in spite of all the rain. Talked to a friend and he also has a no tilled coc that looks similar. I figured it must be the no till. ( I'm hard core nt, but even ill admit there are some downfalls) talked to BIL about the situation and he mentioned he has a conventional till coc that looks bad also. Got a BTO neighbor who is a top notch conventional farmer and his coc fields aren't exactly up to his standards. What do you guys see? Do you think there is something allopathic about corn fodder in the current wet conditions. ( btw, I put 200 units of N on spread out over 4 passes). On a side note, last year I left a small patch bare to have a spot to plant some pumpkins for grandkids. Between little league and vacations, they didn't get put in so I put a cover crop of oats, radish,Sudan,rye, hemp, vetch and what ever else I could sweep off the floor. Considerable difference in the way the corn looks planted in the cc fodder and the corn fodder. See posted pic. Left is cover crop, right is corn on corn.

Edited by TiminIN 7/5/2015 14:57

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (135KB - 386 downloads)
Attachments (0KB - 357 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)