AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 5/27/2011 08:21 (#1794237)
Subject: So who had problems with your Precision Planting ?

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I don't want to open up a can of worms here but I am interested who had trouble with your Precision Planting (PP) equipment this spring. I will not mention the name of the shop foreman or dealer I heard comments about for obvious reasons. I was at a gathering this past weekend with some other farmers & we were just sitting around talking about this springs planting progress like most farmers do. The topic of PP products was brought up & one of the farmers said he had heard an area shop formeman was very frustrated with all the PP problems he was having this year. This farmer had heard the foreman said he could fill the back of a pickup full of PP parts that had to be replaced for not working right & he had only one Ag Leader part.

A couple of days ago I happen to run into the shop foreman mentioned above & I just asked about his PP planting experiances this spring & he was very frustrated to say the least with PP. He said working from 8:00 in the morning to 11:00 at night got very old & the majority of the problems were with PP. He said he was not going to work on PP products next spring like he did this spring. We did not go into great detail has to what all the problems were.

This is my second year of using a PP monitor, PP corn meters & I just love mine. I would not want to go back to my old monitor after using PP. Anybody care to share their problems with your PP equipment this spring or is this just an isolated case? Mark

P.S. I intended to put this in the Crop Talk forum but I guess it will work here to.

Edited by IOWAMARK 5/27/2011 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)