AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does your crop compare to last year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/15/2017 09:08 (#6126964)
Subject: How does your crop compare to last year

Nw Iowa
Here in southern mn we still have last years potential BUT we would need 1 to 1 1/2 of rain that we received last year almost weekly thru aug that we have not been getting and do not normally get that much in aug. Crop looks good here but lawns are starting to brown up which in our area usually happens a couple of weeks later. Drought monitor is creeping a little closer every week. I mean no disrespect to those of you that are fighting a real drought but really trying to get a picture of how we compare to last year. In my over 40 years of farming I never seen weather more perfect than last year and year before here as we easily had 20 to 30 bu over our averages in corn and 10 to 15 bu in soy for both years. This years USDA 's yield in corn to me is a fantasy but wondering how you guys compare to last year. Would be nice to get responses from good and bad areas if you think you are better or worse. Thanks and once again my prayers go out to you fellas that are fighting a very real drought and in no way am complaining about our crop just trying to get a little bigger picture of this years nationwide crop.

Edited by jdironman 7/15/2017 09:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)