AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I add autosteer good enough for planting to my white 2-110?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 5/11/2021 08:09 (#8999262 - in reply to #8998600)
Subject: RE: Can I add autosteer good enough for planting to my white 2-110?

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
gene_champ - 5/10/2021 19:35

Right now I have a raven cruizer with smartsteer mdu. It is good enough for spraying and tillage, but not consistently accurate for planting. Not sure if other options are available.

I have an a agleader edge in with a gps1500 in my combine.

Should not be a problem to put a good autosteer system on that tractor for planting. We have installed hydraulic autosteer on a number of machines. Some open center hydraulics, some load sensing. Never done a closed centre pressure compensated machine, which I believe the White is. Raven lists a valve which I think would be correct. I imagine Trimble and AgLeader could also supply an appropriate valve.

Alternatively, many people are happy with the electric steering wheel products. If you want to go that route there are a number of products that people are happy with. Perhaps all you need is improved correction for your existing system. Not sure what is available for a Cruizer at this point.

Practically the accuracy of the tracking likely will depend more on the level of correction that you purchase and the installation and tuning of the steering system you choose.

Edited by WTW 5/11/2021 08:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)