AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH Magnum 380 Rowtrac CVT to Fendt 1042 or 1050? Tired of CNH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mnfarmer213
Posted 2/2/2021 14:26 (#8801905)
Subject: Case IH Magnum 380 Rowtrac CVT to Fendt 1042 or 1050? Tired of CNH

This farm has run IH/Case IH equipment since my great grandpa bought a used Farmall M in 1948 and started farming. Every piece of equipment my dad and I own is red with the exception of my Gladiator strip till bar but I'm at the end of my rope with CNH. Between the unresolved hydraulic issues, a few major mechanical failures and numerous other irritating inconveniences that can be attributed to poor engineering or inattention to detail I've decided it might be time to look elsewhere.

Last fall I took delivery of two Magnum 380 Rowtrac tractors off a lease return with each having less than 300 engine hours. One immediately had problems with the hydraulics self activating and they both had water leak into the cab. One while parked in the field over night and the other while dad was washing it after harvest. Now I have two basically new tractors that look like a herd of angry tomcats marked their territory all over the ceiling liner of the cab. Its the straw that broke the camels back I guess.

My neighbor uses two Fendt 1050's for a majority of their heavy field work and seem to get along very well. Would a Fendt 1050 be a good replacement for a Magnum 380? I'd probably miss the tracks but I think there might be lots to gain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)