AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quick Ribs recipe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/12/2021 20:56 (#8746515)
Subject: Quick Ribs recipe

Pittsburg, Kansas
Mmmmm good. Wife fixed some ribs tonight that were sooooo good, thought I would share the recipe. Now I am not going to tell you these are the same as 12 hours over wood or in a commercial smoker. But they were still delicious and certainly not bad for a relatively quick hotel room meal.

Full slab of ribs bone outside in an 8 quart Instant Pot for 25 minutes pressure cooked on high. Before cooking coat with desired seasoning. These had Taco seasoning, some poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper. One cup water in the bottom of Instant Pot for moisture with a tablespoon or so of liquid smoke. Cook on rack with bones to the outside. That is first step.

Second step remove and cut off rib tips (those will be for soup tomorrow night). Cut slab in half so it will fit back in for the second cooking in the Instant Pot in air fryer mode (11 in 1 instant pot with air fryer mode). Air fry for 8 minutes on each side (on rack also with rack reversed so meat closest to air fryer).

Notice the bone protruding. Fall off the bone tender. Seasoned to whatever you like. Air fryer puts a nice light crust on outside for good mouth feel and the burst of the seasoning.

Delicious. Her first try. I think she needs to do it several more times to perfect the recipe. :-)

Before and after. One rib is all that was left. Half a fresh California Avocado from the flea market this Sunday and a couple chaffles and I am full.

Sure glad my wife enjoys cooking!

John

Edited by John Burns 1/12/2021 20:59

(20210112_191447.jpg)

(20210112_193651.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20210112_191447.jpg (132KB - 364 downloads)
Attachments 20210112_193651.jpg (86KB - 435 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)