AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cab upholstery kits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 11/16/2006 09:21 (#62235)
Subject: Cab upholstery kits

East Central Arkansas
I have a 4760 JD that the foam backed apholstery needs to be replaced in it. J.D. wants $92 for the post kit and $320 for the lower kit. Has anyone used the aftermarket kits like the ones that Shoup sells. Shoup sells the post kit for $70 and the upholstery kit for$180. How do the Shoup kits compare in quality to Deeres. What other companies sell kits. I would like to hear from anyone with their experience with different kits. Shoup kit says it comes with necessary adhesives and instructions. I don't mind if the kit does't look completly original as long as it fits and is a good long lasting material.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dennis
Posted 11/16/2006 10:48 (#62288 - in reply to #62235)
Subject: RE: Cab upholstery kits

I have used shoup kits for my IH 1086. It fit perfect some triming but the instuction told where to cut and how to install. I put in all new upholstery and floor mat. I would highly recommend Shoup kits.
wilb
Posted 11/16/2006 15:06 (#62355 - in reply to #62235)
Subject: Re: Cab upholstery kits

Try this web site: http://www.heco.net/fehrcabkits.htm. Their prices seemed pretty good, but shipping to Canada made the 4430 kit more expensive than JD.
wilb
Posted 11/16/2006 20:31 (#62458 - in reply to #62355)

Guess that link doesn't work for some reason. Anyway, try Harold Electric Co. that makes the Fehr Cab Kits. Maybe it's the same thing you can get at your Shoup store.
Ron swIA
Posted 11/16/2006 20:52 (#62469 - in reply to #62235)

Fehr makes the Shoup kits.
AR Plowboy
Posted 11/17/2006 10:23 (#62691 - in reply to #62235)
Subject: RE: Cab upholstery kits

East Central Arkansas
Thanks for the replies. I think I will try the Shoup or one of the other after market kits. After trying to buy hydro drive parts for my 6500 sprayer from Deere and finding out they wanted to charge me double and even more for the exact same parts I could buy elsewhere I would just as soon do what business I can elsewhere.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)