AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Care Workers Endangered
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dougmn
Posted 11/19/2020 18:43 (#8614140)
Subject: Health Care Workers Endangered

It appears to me that the biggest threat right now with covid is keeping and finding enough health care workers to work during this fall/winter explosion of covid. In small nearby towns by me like Willmar Mn. Rice Hospital, the covid is overwhelming the workers and staffs. Everyone I talk to who has family or knows someone that is working at hospitals during this is telling horror stories about how understaffed they are now because the workers being out sick and they can not find replacements and no relief in sight. I wish everyone that is whining about the inconvenience of not being able to go out to a bar or restaurant could talk to a health care worker right now. Have some compassion for these people who are risking every day their own health, just for once think about someone else during this time and show some restraint until this raging covid infection slows down. If we run out of people working in the hospital we are really screwed and just not covid patients, anyone that needs emergency care, this beast is raising havoc with the people working closest to it. I can not admire these people enough for getting up every day and going to work under the conditions they have now. That being said I believe that both parties have to get another relief bill passed no matter what it cost to pay these workers that are working during this and also the business that is closing because of this, the big companies and wealthy have all been taken care of, now is the time to give the money where it really needs to go, on the front lines of this epidemic.

Edited by dougmn 11/19/2020 18:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)