AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Current selling price of hanging beef
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

r82230
Posted 10/30/2020 18:57 (#8576672)
Subject: Current selling price of hanging beef

Thumb of Michigan
What is everyone currently selling a half a beef hanging weight for?

The reason for my question. We raise a few critters, that my boys had me keep a couple of steers (along with the Grandkids 4H steers). I supply the hay, I buy the corn, supplement pellets, soybean meal and dry molasses. The father of the 4H's buys the oats and couple of mineral tubs (30#, at $40 each). I have a grinder/mixer so we make our own feed.

All the boys have to do is pay for the processing (the better half & I actually hauled the steers into get processed this year) and pick it up from the processor. We get less than a 1/2, for ourselves, but let's say we get a whole half. Three sons each get half plus. Wife want's to know how much we are giving them, seems some DIL don't see the value of what we are supplying. One had the guts to ask why we weren't paying for any of the processing. Same one, that wanted to use some of her family's extra freezer space and they told her only if they got some of the meat for free.

Maybe I'm too old fashion, but I remember a saying about "don't look a gifted horse in the mouth".

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)