AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variety Tracking in Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/16/2020 07:32 (#8498386 - in reply to #8498341)
Subject: Depends on the planting device

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Given what I believe to be your situation, what you have described is necessary. The situation is that the varieties were recorded by another device other than the InCommand 1200 which will be in the combine.

If an Ag Leader display was used at planting time and the varieties were recorded at planting time, that information is "IN" that Ag Leader display. If that display is moved to the combine, those maps are available to the harvest configurations. While combining the operator has the option of having the system WARN him when a new variety is encountered or actually automatically switching to that variety. I have done this both ways. It would seem that having the system do this automatically would always be desirable but there are situations where you may wish to make the variety change yourself.

If a different but similar model Ag Leader display was used at planting time, the memory can be backed up and restored to the Ag Leader in the combine. After doing a backup from one and a restore to another, the second one becomes identical to the first and it would behave as if it had been used for planting.

If the planting was done with something other than the Ag Leader display which will be used for harvest, then reference map files can be created with the SMS software. These reference map files are saved to the USB memory stick. Each field is separate. When starting to harvest a new field where variety tracking is desirable, it is necessary to load the correct reference file from the memory stick. This creates a temporary background map containing the varieties and locations. Then the Ag Leader can either warn you or actually make the variety changes for the harvest map. This reference information does NOT become part of the Ag Leader's memory. It is only a temporary background map which is useful while harvesting.

If you should leave the field and go to another, you would need to load the reference map for that field. If you should return to an earlier field to finish it, you would need to load the reference map file again.

The procedure that the OP indicates is correct for his current situation where the varieties were recorded with a different device. If the OP plans on using the Ag Leader in the planting tractor for next year, then the variety maps will be available at harvest time and this procedure is not necessary.

For those that may be in this situation and have used a 20/20 for making the planting maps, the reference map procedure for SMS is likely necessary. There is a bit of a trick which escapes me in that the crop type must be manually entered when using SMS to make the reference files.

Edited by tedbear 9/16/2020 08:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)