AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mavic 2 Pro ?'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 9/15/2020 19:12 (#8497619)
Subject: Mavic 2 Pro ?'s

Starting to investigate the drones, and what to get, and what not to get.
Been doing some research and kinda like the features....however that being said...

We are very open for others opinions....and want them ...good, bad or in between.

We dont want just a toy....we are thinking about infra red camera for scouting.

Is this worth the extra cost ? Do any of you have a number in mind, like acres, where it can pay off or not ?
Can someone explain to us how it actually works ?
or ...
Would you wait and add it later after flying experience and learning the drone and its interactions.

I would like to use it for aerial imagery for doing field contouring for surface drains and also help out identify some of my fields drainage layout.
Example: I have used Google earth and went back a few years to find a pic after a few days of drying after a rain, and the tile lines showed up. If we used the drone, we could time a more current pic for better accuracy.
Would PPK work just fine for this ? versus RTK ? as far as coordinating the pics ....example, having a pic coordinates right over a tile line, or a wash out, or ground hog hole or whatever ?

Would PPK work for surveying ?

We would also do some fun photography and play with it as a hobby, but have been brainstorming how we could use it with other things. Example, checking roofs for maintenance, high wires. Also for monitoring animal / rodent damage to our fields, along with the many other variables.

Thanks in advance for your time, patience and cooperation....as I am dumb to this, but willing to learn.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)