AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clay County Fair - 2020
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 9/15/2020 09:02 (#8496738)
Subject: Clay County Fair - 2020

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
I did the fair yesterday.

Since I have been going to the Clay County Fair for a long time, it has become something I really look forward to doing.
Enjoy not only the fair, but the trip. For a long time it has been a multi day deal.

Always enjoy seeing what is often my first look at the years crop being harvested. Other than silage that is.

So I decided to just go. Drive past the fair grounds, maybe fly my drone over and get some good pictures.
Really was thinking could not get on the grounds. What about a place to park?
Decided to take my scooter. Probably be able to find on street parking someplace.

So yesterday I drive up. Get to Spencer and the fairgrounds. Gates open, people there.

Find a on street place to park a block east. Put the scooter together and to the fair.
Go thru the old main gate like other years. Was a Monday so I would normally not had a buy a ticket - vet.

Really amazed at the number of people there. Even food stands open for business.
So I asked, The 4-H fair is going on. Last day of.

Just like normal fair years I went west on what I call main street. Then south at the New Holland display area.
Past the Deere and AGCO display areas.
Decide to use the shade of the north side of the AGCO building to make a drone flight.

Then I spent maybe two hours just wandering around the fair grounds.
Looked the four or five food stands over. Decided to have a sirloin tip meal and lemonaide - $17-

Was feeling pretty good about deciding to visit the fair, and not that crazy about leaving.

On the way home I did see a combine working in a soybean field. East of Spencer.
Also three or four combines picking corn.
And a couple corn choppers.

In years past I have left the fair and headed to Husker Harvest Days. A few times on west from Husker Harvest. Western Nebraska and Wyoming Oregon Trail sites. Once to the Rocky Mountain National Park area, but got there the same time as the biggest rain in many years. Hard time getting out of the Loveland area.

I think in 2016 I drove from the fair to New Ulm Minnesota to climb the Herman monument. Closed!
Would be open for a couple more weekends.
I think it was a Wednesday, and I considered getting a motel room and waiting. But came home.
Only to head back up well before sunrise on Saturday to climb up and say hello to Herman. Glad I did.

Very happy I did the fair. Really did not want to leave.

The last show I attended was the Omaha show about the first of March.
Pork Expo - Cancelled!
State Fair - Cancelled
Farm Progress Show - Cancelled
Husker Harvest - Cancelled

Would not be too surprised if the December Peoria Farm show does not happen.
Also in December the Nebraska Power Show in Lincoln, and the January Iowa Power Show in Des Moines.
But these are after the election. I really think this CV-19 thing will fade away like a bad dream after the election.

Edited by Robert W Greif 9/15/2020 10:55

(DJI_0475 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0483 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0484 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0487 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0489 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0496 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0502 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0474 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0475 (full).JPG (130KB - 195 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0483 (full).JPG (117KB - 271 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0484 (full).JPG (125KB - 235 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0487 (full).JPG (118KB - 147 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0489 (full).JPG (112KB - 212 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0496 (full).JPG (120KB - 196 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0502 (full).JPG (82KB - 205 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0474 (full).JPG (135KB - 190 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)