AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did you tell your Congressman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/24/2020 19:48 (#8136061)
Subject: What did you tell your Congressman

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
And what method did you use ? I used Email and hit on the facts that the Pac manipulated the markets last summer through scare tactics of alleged lower abilities to kill our cattle as a result of a plant fire, results of there false assumptions was a freefall in the market and then they kill at a rate of 108% of normal and at depressed prices resulting in a windfall of profits on the backs of the producers which many view as an antitrust violation . I brought to their attention what was going on now with record box beef prices as a result of demand while at the same time once again the producer gets his perishable production purchased at unrealistic lowered values as a result of a broken board reacting to the equities crash. I do not suggest that this time the Pac acted in a antitrust way but tried to demonstrate that the system is broken with poor price discovery and there exists a monopoly in the packing industry. I told her many of us feel we are not represented well by the existing groups being funded by our checkoff dollars and that we feel like Capital Hill and Sonny Purdue were out of touch with our needs introducing Brazilian beef to compete with ours right now. I finished with my viewpoint that we as cattle producers are endangered of going the way of the Chicken and Pork industries with vertical integration from multinational packing companies.
what did you touch on ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)