AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TV machinery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 3/9/2009 08:02 (#637025)
Subject: TV machinery

Central Kansas
Anyone succesfully hook up this Goverment mandated POS converter box for Digital TV? Got our coupon, bought a Magnovox(sure it's made in China) and I tried my best to make it work. I gave up and had my neighbors son who is a whiz at things like this and even he couldn't get it to work. Seems it won't "recgonize" our local channels. It will go through the "set up" portion but still no picture.
Heard some talk of some converters that are not any good..........do you suppose?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
boog
Posted 3/9/2009 08:23 (#637045 - in reply to #637025)
Subject: Re: TV machinery

No problems here. TV repairman was here making some adjustments to the LCD TV we bought for Christmas & he hooked up the converter box to our old analog TV free of charge :~)) BTW ours converter is the one put out by DISH TV
pbutler
Posted 3/9/2009 08:28 (#637052 - in reply to #637025)
Subject: RE: TV machinery

Macon, IL
Depending on signal strength you may need a signal booster-they really do help in some circumstances-another $20. That is what I would try first.
barren
Posted 3/9/2009 08:41 (#637065 - in reply to #637052)

Glasgow, Ky

Signal booster is a good suggestion.  When it is scanning for available channels ours will not  pick up the same channels all the time.  This is due to the strength of the signal at the time the scanning takes place. 

jcs
Posted 3/9/2009 08:43 (#637067 - in reply to #637025)

Oklahoma
Had the same problems for a while. Got an antenna booster and that helped. Still have times where we can't get anything. My aunt told me they had to get a new antenna and new coaxil before they were done. Wife finally got ours to work pretty good by looping the red, green, and yellow cords from the box to the DVD player. Helped the TV reception but still can't watch any DVD's or videos. Planning to try a splitter out the back of the dvd.

I have been cussing this box since day one but the wife is getting it all figured out.
MOjeeper
Posted 3/9/2009 09:02 (#637089 - in reply to #637025)

NEMO
I've had one die. The other is still kickin though.
deere240
Posted 3/9/2009 09:11 (#637101 - in reply to #637025)

West Central WI
I got two Zenith 901's. They work great and can bring in weak signals much better. They are also super easy to use. They are getting hard to find though. I got mine at http://www.dtvboxanswers.com/zenithdtt901.html

I've heard others talk about differnt brands that didnt work so well.
Russell
Posted 3/9/2009 09:22 (#637116 - in reply to #637025)

Springfield, MN
I bought 2 different kinds. There is some good in each. Sometimes I have to reset them to get them to work properly. On one the only way is to disconnect all the wires to the box and then reconnect and then they work. One is always trying to find a signal that is too weak. I have to delete them every week or two.

Another government headache we have to deal with. I hate the 2 remotes we have to keep. Then most of the time TV isn't worth watching. It is almost to the point of just turning them off and go to good radio.
tfr454
Posted 3/9/2009 09:32 (#637136 - in reply to #637116)

ks
And I thought I was the only one in the world that doesn't have cable tv.
deere240
Posted 3/9/2009 09:36 (#637140 - in reply to #637116)

West Central WI
Thought I'd mention the Zenith 901 has a universal remote for tv and converter box, so you seldom need your old tv remote.
bjr
Posted 3/9/2009 09:51 (#637156 - in reply to #637140)

E. WA.
Don't make your grankids mad or they'll hide the remote on ya. I finally got the grandaughter, 5yrs old, to show me where she hid it. It was in the kitchen drawer with the large pots and pans. Anyway I found out if you want to replace the remote for the Magnovox unit you gotta call the 1-800 No. on the back of the box and get them to send you a replacement. This information came from the lady in 'lectronics dept. at Walmart. With the Magnovox box you can't do any thing manually it all has to be done with the remote. That's good news if you can find a box that will run with a universal remote. bjr
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)