AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

loral floater
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

530Quad
Posted 3/8/2009 22:11 (#636660)
Subject: loral floater

Looking to buy a dry fertilizer floater for spring aplication. Looking at Loral machines. Not sure what to look for in a unit and was looking for some advice. Good or bad with these units, what to look for, or should I look at something else? What to look for with the beds is where I have the most questions. Would like to have air booms and not a spreader. Is this a good idea. Thanks for any info.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Badger
Posted 3/8/2009 23:12 (#636783 - in reply to #636660)
Subject: Re: loral floater

Huntley Montana
I've had mine for 7-8 yrs. Wouldn't want to be without. Just make sure it was taken care of
sdnative
Posted 3/9/2009 09:31 (#637133 - in reply to #636783)

Try one with a newer spinner box on it. They are acutally just as if not more accurate than an air boom... An older machine you will just have problems with if it hasn't been taken care of. Be very careful and inspect it very well.
Badger
Posted 3/9/2009 09:55 (#637165 - in reply to #637133)

Huntley Montana
Spinners work IF the weights of fertilizer are close to the same. But when the blend weighs 62# & the urea is 46# the urea will not throw the same distance. Also the booms patterns are not affected as much by wind. I don't like spreading in the wind, but other than a little dust moving 95%& is still on target.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)