AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exporting notes from an Ag Leader Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 5/20/2019 17:11 (#7508406)
Subject: Exporting notes from an Ag Leader Insight

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have an Ag Leader Insight with a field that has points where tile was located. I think they are stored as 'notes'. I want to export that data from the display. I tried copying all log files to the memory card and them importing into SMS, but it didn't show these points in SMS. I also tried just clicking on the points, but it won't show me the latitude/longitude of the point.

How do I go about getting this data from the display? I'd even settle for being able to get the latitude/longitude for each point and manually typing them in to a computer.

(20190520_095458 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190520_095458 (full).jpg (88KB - 108 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tedbear
Posted 5/21/2019 06:35 (#7509450 - in reply to #7508406)
Subject: RE: Exporting notes from an Ag Leader Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I used to have two Insights that I used quite a bit but have now traded them for InCommands. I believe that I am seeing on your screenshot are "marks". I think the idea of notes applies to the Insights for application situations I am assuming you are referring to the red circles and the flags shown on the screenshot.

As I recall a mark becomes associated with a field and stays with it into the future until removed. In other words the next time this field is chosen for any operation, the marks will reappear. The marks can be deleted but not selectively. I do remember that I wished that the marks could be defined as permanent or temporary. My desire for that was that "normal sized" rocks could be defined as temporary (since I planned on picking them up with a loader) but gigantic rocks or permanent tile inlets could be defined as permanent. The way the system was set up, marks could be removed but it was an all or nothing arrangement.

But anyway, if the red circles and flags are what you want to see on SMS, I thought they would come along with the regular data and appear on your maps. Now that I have the InCommands I haven't been using the marks feature since the need hasn't really occurred.

I did do the following for a drainage situation which is not quite what you are asking but was successful. I created an unusual planting configuration. I believe I defined the planter with a row/width combination that made the planter about 10' wide. By using a planting configuration rather than a tillage configuration I was able to create varieties as is done with a real planting configuration.

I set it up for a crop not grown in our area. I think I chose Peanuts. Within this configuration I could create "peanut varieties". I chose variety names such as "old main", "new 12 in", "new 8 in" etc. I then temporarily installed one of the Insights with a GPS receiver in my Polaris Ranger. I then drove over a tile line, chose the proper variety (tile size), pushed the screen icon to record and drove the tile line. I pushed the screen icon to stop recording when I reached the end. and drove to another line, chose a different variety if necessary and started recording again. This gave on screen colored lines showing the paths of the various lines and in different colors.

I also retraced the new 30 inch main where the drainage folks had physically marked the points where it had crossed existing lines. I pushed the mark function on the Insight when I reached those points. At the end of the process I had an onscreen map that showed the lines in different colors and the flag marks where old lines were crossed. I was able to get this printed out via SMS.

Unfortunately about all I've told you is that I think this should work for you but obviously hasn't. Maybe someone else will chime in.

This doesn't help you but with an InCommand in the planting tractor we are using it for several things. We are using it with an iPad running the mobile Agfiniti app. The Incommand is setup as an Access point and transfers its data to the iPad app when a field is finished or by forcing a transfer. Maps shown on the InCommand can be recreated with the Agfiniti app. This year I used it to print the variety maps directly from the iPad mobile app to my printer rather than loading the InCommand data on a memory stick, reading it and processing it with SMS and eventually printing the maps that route. This worked fine although there was some confusion when two different crops were planted in the same field. Fortunately I had printed the corn variety maps before the beans were planted in the same field beside the corn as the soybeans seem to override the corn maps. I was surprised to notice that on the back of one of the map pages there was a marks note showing where my great nephew had marked a rock. It appears that he marked the same rock this year while planting corn in that field and last fall while doing manure or tillage in the same field.

Edited by tedbear 5/21/2019 06:45

(IMG_0434[1] (full).JPG)

(IMG_0435[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0434[1] (full).JPG (135KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0435[1] (full).JPG (104KB - 77 downloads)
farmerwalt
Posted 5/21/2019 09:46 (#7509886 - in reply to #7508406)

Clifton Kansas
This works for Integra's might be what the insight data needs also.
In SMS with the map called up click on the edit layer option icon (red green field with a hand ) above the rate. Click on the sub layer option make sure the show marks box is checked.
tedbear
Posted 5/21/2019 12:54 (#7510313 - in reply to #7509886)

farmerwalt - 5/21/2019 09:46

This works for Integra's might be what the insight data needs also.
In SMS with the map called up click on the edit layer option icon (red green field with a hand ) above the rate. Click on the sub layer option make sure the show marks box is checked.

That sounds like something to try. I'm very sure I had maps with the marks printed on them but someone was helping me with SMS and I didn't always follow what they were doing.

mx270a
Posted 5/21/2019 15:00 (#7510565 - in reply to #7509886)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have exported all logs and boundaries from the display into SMS. I can see the boundary map in SMS, but I don't think the marks were contained in the boundary file. I did find the spot to turn on a sub layer, but the 'marks' box is grayed out.

I haven't done any normal field operations in that field, thus there are no activity logs for the field in SMS. Is it possible the marks are stored in the log files?
farmerwalt
Posted 5/21/2019 16:53 (#7510808 - in reply to #7510565)

Clifton Kansas
It's been awhile scents I used an Insight.I think they might be in the log where they were created .
On the insight I think you can start the field turn your auto swath off and then suspend the field it should make a log file. Then export it and see if it works.

Edited by farmerwalt 5/21/2019 17:00
tedbear
Posted 5/22/2019 06:40 (#7512121 - in reply to #7510565)

I'm very certain that the marks are NOT in the boundary file. I think the fact that there are no activity files is the heart of your problem. Every time I used marks there was 1) a real field activity such as planting, harvesting or tillage or 2) a tile mapping activity which was actually run as a planting configuration which was making a tile map with marks for special points.

Since my InCommands have an option for just guidance or steering, I wonder if any marks would be recorded. I really never use that choice and always use a planting, harvesting or tillage configuration.
mx270a
Posted 5/23/2019 21:03 (#7516621 - in reply to #7512121)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So I imported some log files. The 2012 file had some coverage data, and the marks were created prior to that. I can't figure out how to get a map of that data though. All I see the boundary map. When I go in there, marks is still grayed out.

(dh1 (full).png)

(dh2 (full).png)

(dh3 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dh1 (full).png (75KB - 98 downloads)
Attachments dh2 (full).png (96KB - 95 downloads)
Attachments dh3 (full).png (49KB - 91 downloads)
tedbear
Posted 5/24/2019 06:26 (#7517118 - in reply to #7516621)

Since it is raining, I'm might have time to explore this. Will report back. Are those marks still on the display or have they been removed. In other words if you bring up that field today would you still see the marks?
mx270a
Posted 5/24/2019 06:27 (#7517121 - in reply to #7517118)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The marks are still on the display.
farmerwalt
Posted 5/24/2019 08:27 (#7517389 - in reply to #7516621)

Clifton Kansas
On the tree it has 2 other data files. Could they be where the marks are stored. They look gray in color I think that means there is no GPS data with them.
mx270a
Posted 5/24/2019 08:44 (#7517447 - in reply to #7517389)

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Here's a clearer view of the tree.

(dh4 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dh4 (full).png (23KB - 67 downloads)
farmerwalt
Posted 5/24/2019 09:49 (#7517641 - in reply to #7517447)

Clifton Kansas
In the first picture you posted the insight shows 0547varitiey that might be where the marks are stored.
In the SMS pictures the 0547 varitiey is gray colored so there is no GPS data associated with it.
It's been a while since I work with the insight & SMS doing things with old non GPS data.
You might be able to create a report in the insight (PDF file) of the planting. Can't remember if the flags are in that report. Then convert it to a file that SMS imports and over lay is with the boundary map.
You might just take a picture of the flags on the Insight. Then import the JEG file and match the corners to the boundary map might work.
Just a couple of crazy ideas.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)