AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Implement switch wiring - Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/17/2019 17:32 (#7502063)
Subject: Implement switch wiring - Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Someone had a question below about two wires versus three wires for the Ag Leader Implement switches. Today I was at the dealer and a module was lying there. The implement switch is a three pole weather pack which contains three wires.

Only two of the wires are needed.

Pin A connects to Pin 12 of the module plug. This is 12V which goes to the implement switch. It was a white wire

Pin B connects to Pin 10 of the module plug. This goes to the implement switch. Pin B would be at 12V if the planter or implement is DOWN. This was a black wire

Pin C is a ground which is generally not used. This was a red wire.

Only Pins A and B are needed. The implement switch goes between them. An implement switch jumper is just a 3 pole weather pack mate with a wire looped between Pin A and Pin B.

Pin C could be used if a ground is needed for some low current situation. For example an LED could be wired between Pin B and Pin C and would light when the implement switch completed the circuit.

Ag Leader uses red, white and black wires on the stub. I would have expected them to use red for the Pin A to Pin 12 color since that one is 12V but they did not.

I have a liquid module on a sprayer that is only used there. Since no implement switch is ever used I have a permanent loop between Pin 10 and Pin 12 permanently installed on the module.

For my planter I have a complex implement switch harness that I made. I take 12V from Pin 12 of one module and split it into three branches. One branch goes to Pin A of the implement switch on the left wing, another branch goes to Pin A of the implement switch on the right wing and the third goes into the tractor cab to a rocker switch. The other terminal of the rocker switch and the other terminal of the implement switch all join together. This means that junction will be 12V if any of the switches completes the circuit. Wires from this junction go to Pin B of any modules that need an implement switch. In my case this is my clutch control module and my planter liquid module. So any of the three switches will inform those modules to apply product.

I use two Deere button switches in case one unit should fall into a hole deep enough to shut it off. The switch in the cab which is normally off and doesn't affect anything. However I can turn it ON to override the real implement switches for testing or cleanout. The rocker switch in the cab has a light in it (needs a ground) so that it is lit when any of the three switches happen to be ON. If I do use the implement switch override in the cab I need to remember to turn it back off or the system will not shut off when I raise the planter.

Edited by tedbear 5/19/2019 11:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)