AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shipping Container from ContainerOne (warning)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FarmGuy97
Posted 10/26/2018 21:02 (#7067339)
Subject: Shipping Container from ContainerOne (warning)

Central/Northeast Missouri
Just a friendly warning from a disgruntled customer. Hopefully someone will see this before they decide to purchase. Shipping containers are very handy to have around the farm and I found this company on craigslist with fair prices and a wonderful salesman to deal with. My purchase went great and money was exchanged. The money left my account ($2,600) on October 10th. The invoice stated that they would contact me within 2-3 days and confirm shipping details then delivery within 10 days. A lady contacted me within 2 days, confirmed my address, and was very polite. She pointed out which container I had purchased on their website and that it was located in St. Louis (a 1.5 hour drive from me).

Fast forward to now, October 25th.
-I cannot get ahold of anyone in logistics or shipping
-I have called once per day the last 3 days, a different person answers the phone every time and says they will connect me with a person in logistics and every time I get a voicemail that goes unreplied to.
-The shipping container is still listed for sale on their website
- They have had use of my money now for over two weeks with no communication of when my purchase will show up.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back in full? legal action I can take to make them want to deliver this container I purchased? They want to charge me a $400 cancellation fee which is highway robbery.

Be very leary of this Company, I would not suggest doing business with them.

I planned to use this container to store, clean, and package the popcorn I've grown this year in a enclosed water/rodent proof area (I can't afford to build or rent a building at this point). I now have nowhere to do this and will lose orders if I cannot deliver on the promised product, so not only has ContainerOne held my money hostage, they have cost my business money as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lucky2Farm
Posted 10/27/2018 03:33 (#7067592 - in reply to #7067339)
Subject: RE: Shipping Container from ContainerOne (warning)

Indianola, MS
Go to the state attorney general's website and look for a consumer protection division link. Scams happen
Riverwood
Posted 10/27/2018 07:19 (#7067773 - in reply to #7067339)

Hanby Mill, AL
I would drive the hour and a half and have a face to face. Ask WTH is going on. Bring me my container!!!
clicker
Posted 10/27/2018 07:51 (#7067848 - in reply to #7067773)

Southern IA
Probably a depot that containerone sources from, everyone from containerone are probably in some dirty apartment somewhere, working the phones and craigslist to extract money from those with high hopes of owning a container. They'll change their name after enough people are chasing them.
Mitchco
Posted 10/27/2018 10:04 (#7068096 - in reply to #7067339)

SW OH
Is that for 1 container? I bought 2 last year for $1,300 apiece. I picked them up 20 miles away. 40 foot standard. I called several Craigslist ads and they all wanted crazy prices.

Then I called, I can't remember her name, at Container Port Group 18447274269. She was very helpful. She also told me that all those ads on Craigslist are middlemen buying from her, marking up, and reselling.
They buy 10-50 at a time and get a better price. Prices fluctuate as much as gas as well. They have depots all over the country.

I wonder if your issue is your seller is waiting for a lower price or just waiting for their shipment. I know this doesn't help you now, but it might be helpful in the future.

Mitchco
Big L
Posted 10/27/2018 10:05 (#7068098 - in reply to #7067339)

Auxvasse, MO
If you need another some time I had good service from PAC-Van at Holts Summit Mo 573-614-7803
Kneedeep 2011
Posted 10/27/2018 10:23 (#7068114 - in reply to #7067339)

North Mississippi Delta / Alabama Gulf Coast
I have purchased 2 containers off CL from different outfits. First 40 HC was local guy that sold sheds and the occasional containers when available.
According to him, used containers cost more to ship back empty than they are worth. At one time anyone could purchase containers from storage yards but once demand increased shippers changed purchase options. General public out and "Brokers" in, biggest issue was liability loading on whatever GP brought to pickup their container. Also could not really pick thru inventory and had to broker from selected lots. Best containers used as homes, business, retail, etc bring big $$. price and quality go down from there.

Some outfits oversell inventory and have to wait till whatever you purchased is available. And there are scammers.
Good ol' boy from OK delivered last one stayed a while since he had major electrical issues on trailer. Between the 2 of us and some of my stuff, we got him running. He really liked to talk. I will never by another sight unseen.

All I Know About That.
Jay NE Ohio
Posted 10/27/2018 12:01 (#7068275 - in reply to #7067339)

northeastern Ohio
Is this the company? https://containerone.net/product-category/containers/

According to their contact info, the headquarters is located about 20 minutes from me in Canfield Ohio. The BBB gives them a A+ rating. https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/canfield/profile/cargo-container/container...

I've seen people file a complaint with the BBB to get results. I see that they had 4 complaints this year. One was resolved. In their reviews, they respond to the bad ones with their side of the story: https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/canfield/profile/cargo-container/container...

According to one of the responses, they say the AVERAGE delivery time is 10 days after payment clears. So, 50% of the deliveries take longer than 10 days.

I know this isn't much help, but I hope you get it resolved.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)