AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dribbl'n. (couple pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 1/14/2009 22:40 (#570837)
Subject: Dribbl'n. (couple pics)

Hi all. Bought me a set of Needham Ag's streamer bars and had a chance to give them a try today. I put 10 gallons of a 29-0-0-4 on the wheat on wheat. The bars worked 100% awesome. I cant wait to use them for the larger volumes later.
So just for giggles, if you are interested, here's a few pics of what I did today.

Installed on the old beater.

At the field. I honestly think, at least at this point, that this is the best crop of wheat we have ever grown on this wet piece of dirt. So far........................that is. It wont matter if I cant grow it to harvest, so..............

Small streams, but perfectly applied fertilizer. Makes me wish I'd never saw a dry fert riggn'z now.:-)

Other side.

Ok, this is the wettest piece of land,....other than the ducklake, that we farm. It has nearly no tile and if I had plowed it like I usually have done in the past, I'd be axle deep right now. Actually, I would not have even considered coming to the field, but if I had, I'd be looking for a long cable and my blood pressure would be through the roof. However, drilled no-till, I had not even a slight issue with sinking and in fact was second guessing my decision to put the fat tires on the rig. I was amazed that the tires even stayed clean. I hit the road when done and no-one even knew I was in the field. I usually had to keep the rig off to the side to get the mud flung off the tires. Amazing.

Ok, I lied. I did have this little spot.... Last spring, we had a few issues planting the spring wheat crop where the planter tractor made some ruts too deep to let go. We made ruts in several areas, but this little spot had to be doctored up. I had the disk over there anyway to disk that field in front of the wheat for crimson clover so I made a couple quick passes with it over the ruts to cut the tops off'm. Thats all I did, was disk, and plant a couple weeks later. All other places that ruts were left the machine just ignored them and did'nt leave a trace. This little spot was the only time I was glad to have the wider tires.

Thanks for looking. I know it aint much, but I sure was having a great day being out in the field and having an entirely new product to me, work so perfectly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)