AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nice old Peterbilt 359
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 6/12/2018 17:15 (#6809014)
Subject: Nice old Peterbilt 359

Pierce county WI
So I ran across this Pete on my travels. It's a 1983 with a 400 Cummins bc3, and a 15 od. The owner has owned it since 1991, and drove it a few years longer. Here's what really catches my eye on this: first, the original Peterbilt varashield on top of the bunk. He said the motor rusted away, but it used to work, now it's kept in one position with a rod. With a varashield you could adjust the height to match the height of your trailer for aerodynamics. 2nd, the paint job. It's not like it has stripes or special designs or colors. It's because it's company colors. This truck wasn't born red and white, but that's Wheaton van lines colors. When you used to lease on to a company, it was common for them to make you paint it company colors. He said Wheaton wanted all white, but he said I'm painting the fenders. It's been leased on to Wheaton for many years. 3rd the aluminum. This truck has been full time trucking for decades, and it's showing it's wear. However all the aluminum is polished perfectly! Except, for the steel steer axle wheels. He said the truck needed steer tires and when the pulled the wheels, the buds were cracked, which is common. They didn't have any aluminum buds, so they threw the steel ones on. He says he's going to replace them, some time. It's just neat to see a 359 that still works otr all over. Thought I'd share!

(IMG_20180612_131232 (full).jpg)

(IMG_20180612_131243 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20180612_131232 (full).jpg (118KB - 199 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20180612_131243 (full).jpg (119KB - 186 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)