AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about GPS Speed Signal waveform...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

buschman
Posted 5/27/2018 13:16 (#6781045)
Subject: Tell me about GPS Speed Signal waveform...

Farming in Michigan
Would like to switch from wheel drive to GPS speed signal on our planter, interfacing to Early Riser 3 monitor with the 4-pin connector for speed input. Would also like to have a speed display in some of our older equipment.

I can pick up a Sensor-1 or similar GPS Puck but would rather tinker with some of the newer Arduino GPS offerings. Would like to put together a GPS module, LCD speed display, and output the speed signal to the planter monitor. I see lots of examples out there, the unique thing here is interfacing to the monitor.

The arduino would read the GPS signals and parse out the speed data. The question is what pulsetrain do i need to feed my monitor? I recognize I probably need to use all 4 pins to trigger the monitor into looking for a "fast" signal vs that from the wheel speed sensor. I believe the Sensor-1/gps pucks spit out a ~57Hz signal, do these units vary the signal amplitude as the speed changes?

Just looking to put together a fun project and let the kids learn a little about GPS & electronics in a practical application. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)