AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CM Truck Beds
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

king cotton
Posted 11/24/2008 12:06 (#515432)
Subject: CM Truck Beds

I am looking for a new flat bed for a 01 Dodge 3500. I have been looking at the CM Beds. The SS model. I noticed that all of the CM beds do not have stake pockets across the back of the bed. If any of you have a CM bed what did you do? I thought about cutting some pockets in it or welding some to the outside...but its hard for me to spend 2k on something and start welding/cutting on it.

http://kellyts.com/CMTruckBeds_ModelSS.html
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Skipper
Posted 11/24/2008 20:23 (#515723 - in reply to #515432)
Subject: RE: CM Truck Beds

I've got the model with the recessed "trough" to the back of the bed on a 3500 dodge. Started out on a 3500 chevy. You might check to see if they would custom make to your specs as they wanted my truck frame deminsions before they built mine(didn't do much good! They got it wrong). If they had the bed I wanted otherwise it wouldn't bother me too much to cut the stake pockets. I think they are a high quality bed. I've drilled some 3/4" holes in mine to drop pins in to secure some things. Have thought I would make a back end that would slip in these holes but haven't done so yet. NEED TO! Unsecured buckets of oil or whatever do a lot moving around. I like the recessed "trough" for different things. Our torch cart wheels set down in there and that few inches makes it a little easier to climb onto. One other thing ---our DMI bumper slipped in between the hitch drop down frame on the back so we have a reciever tube plus the cushion hitch.
mai-ag
Posted 11/24/2008 20:48 (#515741 - in reply to #515432)
Subject: Re: CM Truck Beds

West ky
<p>I put one a 2000 dodge dually last year. Great bed other than no stake pockets on rear as you stated. I went to tractor supply and bought 2 rubber mats for horse trailers,3/4" thick 4x6$30 each, and cut them to cover the bed. Never lost anything off the bed.</p><p>Don't know who you are dealing with but Floyd Ferrel in Sikeston, Mo sells them. He had a yard full in August.</p>

Edited by mai-ag 11/24/2008 20:52
earnhart sil
Posted 11/25/2008 08:48 (#516209 - in reply to #515741)
Subject: Re: CM Truck Beds

southern il.
we bought from floyd last winter for a new chevy ton truck. We lost one side rail but found it later, they rattle a lot so we just leave them off most of the time. One of tool box doors stick and is hard to get open but I still like the bed. We just carry a lot of rachet straps to tie every thing on with.
king cotton
Posted 11/25/2008 09:09 (#516237 - in reply to #515723)

One other thing ---our DMI bumper slipped in between the hitch drop down frame on the back so we have a reciever tube plus the cushion hitch.

Skipper,
I am assuming you welded the DMI to it? Any pics? I want to buy one that pulls out because I am always trying to hook up to things alone. I thought about Line X or Rhino Lining for the top of the bed what do you think about that?

Also I am taking a Deweze bed of the truck..reckon it will be hard to sale? Dealer wont trade for it.

I am dealing with a guy in Fayettville, Tn.

Thanks.
Skipper
Posted 11/26/2008 08:19 (#517007 - in reply to #516237)

Bolted it to the drop down channels. Needed 1/2" or so spacer to fill space between bumper supports and drop down channels. Welded these in place. Bed went on then installed bumper. Bolted since it would have to come off if we ever remove the bed. Don't remember for sure but think we bolted to truck frame too. Had to cut plate with middle clearance lights out of bed but thats covered by bumper. Will see about getting some pics.

OK Didn't fasten to truck frame. Just bolted to channels. This bumper has been around awhile(couple of different trucks) and I know they make different styles so a different model might work better???

Edited by Skipper 11/26/2008 12:57

(IM000999.JPG)

(IM000994.JPG)

(IM000001.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM000999.JPG (90KB - 706 downloads)
Attachments IM000994.JPG (91KB - 732 downloads)
Attachments IM000001.JPG (88KB - 675 downloads)
Skipper
Posted 11/26/2008 20:43 (#517519 - in reply to #516237)

The coating---Unless they have cheapened the beds up(possible)they have really good paint job. Don't have any issues with the paint peeling or rust on the bed. I have seen a lot of really old flatbeds that want to rust through from the bottom at the cross members. An undercoat probably would have been a good idea in that area. Tops of the deck plate knobs of course are bare. Do you think the lineing would make it less slick? That could be a plus.

Is your deweze a bale bed? If so I don't think it would be hard to move.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)