AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Yield Estimates With Pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ECIAROWCROPPER
Posted 8/5/2017 02:32 (#6168323)
Subject: More Yield Estimates With Pic

Walcott, IA...by the big truck stop
Finally had a chance to do some counts tonight on the samples I pulled. I walked about 50yards beyond the end rows and pulled 12 plants in a row from a single row. None were blank and I didn't take any of the second ears the few spots that they were present. Why 12, I don't know, maybe because I had been picking sweet corn by the dozen earlier.

Plant health was great overall but I did notice some minor lodging in some of the coc (maybe 500 per acre). I used 90k down to 80k kernels per bushel in my ranges as conditions seems pretty ideal for grain fill. Data from past years tells me the 1151 will have the highest kernels per bushel while the 1197 takes way fewer kernels to make a bushel with the 1365 somewhere in the middle. I don't know anything about the 63-60, but it had some great girth while also aborting more and showing the "tip back" (not terrible). Overall, I really liked the consistency from one ear to the next.

The yield numbers are in line with what I would expect in a "good" year and wouldn't be surprised if some of that corn ends up closer to 75k or 70k kernels per bushel. We will see.

Edited by ECIAROWCROPPER 8/5/2017 03:03

(IMG_20170805_021309662.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20170805_021309662.jpg (372KB - 101 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)