AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Converting 3650 Kinze from Trimble to Ag leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

2mcclure
Posted 7/20/2017 16:32 (#6138489)
Subject: Converting 3650 Kinze from Trimble to Ag leader

Hey guys looking for some input on converting our 3650 Kinze corn planter from Trimble controls to Ag leader. Currently the planter has 2 Rawson hydraulic drives and tru-count air clutches. Both systems have Trimble modules and this year we controlled them with the pro700 in the planter tractor. Seed tube monitoring was still done with the KPM3. I don't like that setup because it's a total crapshoot whether the drives are planting what they're supposed to be planting as seed tube monitoring and rate control are 2 totally different systems. What I'd really like to do is control the hydraulic drives and monitor seed tubes and population with one monitor like an insight or an integra. I don't mind clutch control being on the pro700 still since it allows us to use our rtx signal on the tractor for clutch control instead of a base accuracy signal on an Ag leader. Does this make sense or would I be happier with it all on one system/ display? What am I looking at needing for other components and what am I looking at price wise to do this? Any and all input is appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by 2mcclure 7/20/2017 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)