AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere swather won't raise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

btdt
Posted 7/14/2017 20:02 (#6126088)
Subject: John Deere swather won't raise

nc ks
I think it is a twin knife 1525 or 1500. Probably don't matter but it won't raise. It has one hose for raising and lowering. The hose goes back to the left cylinder nad comes into to the top port. Then a hose comes out the bottom port and goes over to the other cylinder and hooks to top of cylinder. Basically puts oil in top of first and that in turns pushes oil out of the bottom of this cylinder over to second cylinder. This oil then pushes ram out to raise the whole swather. It starts out raising just fine sort of and about ten minute short later it won't do anything. I can put the lever into raise position and crack the bottom fitting of first cylinder or fitting of second cylinder and the one side will raise because the crack line lets oil into the one cylinder thus raising it. I would think the second cylinder should have agent to let air out when the one side fills with oil but no vent.?? Took it all apart worked cylind r by hand seemed fine. Put all back together and it raised fine. It raised the one side first and then the other. Basically had to fill line with oil. Lowered it then and tried to raise and nothing. Need help. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)